Family Support Workers have expertise in supporting children, families, groups and communities. Support is offered to help you identify and find solutions for any concerns that you may be experiencing.
What does a Family Support Worker do in Early Intervention?
Family Support Workers help you and your family with:
- Your own feelings and those of others in your family
- Your other children if they need help
- Concerns about other areas of your life eg money, housing, health
- Finding other supports in the community
- Managing your child’s behaviour
What kinds of specialised Family Support services does EarlyEd offer?
EarlyEd has Family Support Workers specialising in:
- Sibling and carer support
- Vulnerable families
- Crisis and emergency support
Why would I use Family Support services?
Family Support services can help if you have just received a diagnosis for your child or if you are new to early intervention. If your family has been identified as at risk, a Family Support Worker will be involved with your intervention.
How can Family Support be funded under my NDIS package?
Family Support services can be funded under NDIS as Improved Daily Living Skills (Therapy Supports).