Feedback and Complaints
Feedback is helpful!
EarlyEd would love to hear from you. Any feedback you have is helpful for us as we constantly look to improve our services. Your comments may be positive or they may be critical; anything you have to say is valued. You may like your comments to be anonymous, or you may wish to provide feedback on a service or program. Whatever it you have to say, we would like to hear.
It’s OK to complain! We want to make services better.
- understand what made you unhappy
- give you information about why something happened
- fix the problem and say sorry.
You can let us know how you feel about your service by:
- asking for a form to fill in at your EarlyEd centre
- writing to the CEO or Board
- talking to your EarlyEd staff
- fill in the form on this page
- putting a note in the Suggestion Box.
You can talk to the member of staff with whom you feel most comfortable. You can ask an independent person to do this for you, at any time if you prefer. They can be your advocate.
What you say will be kept confidential. It is against the law for people from your service to treat you badly when you make a complaint.
You have made a complaint – what happens now?
- EarlyEd staff will contact you as soon as possible to talk about your complaint.
- We will ask you for some information.
- You can have someone with you when you talk with us.
- We will try to help you with your complaint.
- You can contact the ombudsman at any time for support.
- Someone elsemight be able to help you with your complaint. We can tell you who can help.
- You can ask us to stop working on your complaint at any time.
- If the staff member can’t help, then your Team Leader or the Head of Services will contact you within 3 working days and try to help. You can also contact a Board member.
- If the complaint is not resolved, a representative of the Board will contact you, within 7 working days.
- If the complaint is not resolved you:
- may use an independent mediator and/or
- can appeal to the Board, who will meet within 21 working days.
EarlyEd can provide you with information about where to find independent advocates or mediators.